Home / Community / DEPRESSION / List one symptom you still struggle with & want to manage more effectively?

List one symptom you still struggle with & want to manage more effectively?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Lisa Jo Barr 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Lisa Jo Barr
    Keymaster

One symptom of depression I still struggle with is staying in bed and shutting down all day if I feel overwhelmed, overly tired or upset. In the past, I would tell myself that I cannot handle anything and that I did not want to show my face in the world, and I would stay in bed for days, not taking care of myself, isolating and not bathing and eating regularly. There was a lot of shame with this dynamic. Now, when it comes up, I play out what it turns into and how I start feeling when it snowballs and I do the opposite of what I FEEL like doing, which is nothing. I take a shower and get ready and get myself going with a cup of coffee and some music. I immediately make my bed. Sometimes, I will still stay in bed, but it will only be for a few hours instead of a few days. I am healing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.